WHAT WE ARE DOING TO KEEP YOU, OUR STAFF & OUR COMMUNITY SAFE & HEALTHY (COVID-19)
To our guests,
As I am sure you are aware, the coronavirus (COVID19) is having an increased impact on our community and daily lives. We feel it is important to share more about the steps we are taking, and the enhanced measures we have now implemented to keep you, our staff, and our community safe and healthy.
We are closely following the guidelines and recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and local governments. We are updating our plans daily, proactively communicating with our team (all of whom we have thankfully been able to keep employed throughout closure), and doing all that we can to prevent further spread of the virus.
- All staff have signed a ‘best practices’ commitment agreement (similar to hospital employees), and will be wearing protective masks at all times.
- All Chefs will wear gloves and follow PPE standards.
- Staff will wash hands every 30 minutes and will regularly be reminded not to touch their face.
- All staff who suspect they are not well or that have come in contact with the virus will not be working, and we also ask all guests that are not feeling well to stay home.
- For the time being, we will greet guests as they arrive in the parking area and forgo all handshaking. This will allow guests to self-park, and avoid excessive entry into the guests’ personal vehicle by anyone other than the vehicle owner.
- Before loading luggage in golf carts for transport to guest cabins, luggage will be wiped down with disinfectant wipes.
- Welcome orientation and arrival paperwork will be completed in an open-air or separate, secluded location.
- Upon arrival, guests will be given the option of standard turn-down and housekeeping or a limited version of these services throughout their stay.
- In addition to standard in-cabin amenities (Aesop hand soap, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, hand balm, and body lotion), we will provide antibacterial liquid soap upon request.
- In addition to following normal sanitizing and cleaning procedures at an increased frequency, all guest-use hard surfaces (i.e. activity equipment, games, etc.) will be sanitized between each use.
- Our serving ware and glasses are always cleaned and sanitized between each use, but we will have disposable options available on request if preferred.
- All food related welcome amenities, snacks, and turn-down amenities will be individually wrapped (no shared items).
- We are now able to host guests in private parties in the Saloon for Lunch & Dinner. Guests will be seated 8 feet apart to ensure appropriate spacing for dining. Dinner is served from 6pm to 8pm allowing us to limit the capacity to 50% per Colorado guidelines. Guests are required to have masks at all times in the Saloon and to wear them when not actively eating or enjoying a beverage. Breakfast will continue to be served per guests’ desire either in-cabin or on the Saloon Porch.
- Socialization within our Saloon and Dance Hall will not be permitted for the time being, but we will be providing in-cabin entertainment kits upon request, as well as an extensive selection of games for guest check-out and in-cabin use.
- We will provide on-demand cabin beverage delivery during normal business operation hours. Flexible options for beverage service will be provided outside of normal business operation hours.
- In the Bath House, we will encourage self-regulation of a maximum of 4 guests at any one time. If guests are unable to self-regulate, we will move to an appointment-based system managed by our Guest Services team.
- Housekeeping will thoroughly clean the Bath House (sanitizing all hard surfaces and replacing towels) on an hourly basis.
- Our Library will be kept locked. We will allow one guest or guest party at a time. The building will be thoroughly cleaned (sanitizing al hard surfaces) between guest visits. Our Guest Services team will facilitate Library visits.
- For check-out, we will implement a call ahead procedure allowing guests to call Guest Services when they are ready to depart. The guests’ bill will be brought to their cabin so they are not required to check in with Guest Services in the Saloon in order to check out.
- We have reviewed all First Aid Kits & Emergency Medical Care equipment on property. We currently have both EMT and Wilderness First Responder trained staff on property.
- We have modified our booking policies for individual cabin bookings. The deposit required is now 20% (instead of 50%) and we have reduced the time needed to cancel for a refund of the deposit to 7 days (down from 60) from arrival date.
We will continue to monitor this situation closely as things change, and keep you informed of our actions and intentions with the health, well-being, and safety of you, our Dunton family, and the community our top priority. It gives us a tremendous joy to share our Dunton home with you. When we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Dunton, or to our beautiful corner of Colorado for the first time, you can be confident in all we continue to do to uphold the very highest standards of quality, sanitation, and safety.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Executive Vice President
Updated: July 16th, 2020